Nita Lowey scores an “F” on the current Immigration-Reduction Report Card… (click here)
Nita Lowey’s grade of “F” Broken Down By Subject… (click here)
- Nita Lowey Supports Amnesty/Citizenship for Illegal Border Crossers S2611 5/06:
Voted YES for S2611 5/06. Nita Lowey supports granting citizenship to those who manage to slip into the country illegally.
- Nita Lowey Does Not Support Border Protection:
Voted NO for H.R. 4437 [109th]: Border Protection, Antiterrorism, and Illegal Immigration Control Act
Nita Lowey on Immigration
- Voted NO on building a fence along the Mexican border. (Sep 2006)
- Voted NO on preventing tipping off Mexicans about Minuteman Project. (Jun 2006)
- Voted NO on reporting illegal aliens who receive hospital treatment. (May 2004)
- Voted YES on extending Immigrant Residency rules. (May 2001)
- Voted YES on more immigrant visas for skilled workers. (Sep 1998)
- Rated 0% by FAIR, indicating a voting record loosening immigration. (Dec 2003)
- Rated 0% by USBC, indicating an open-border stance. (Dec 2006)
- Let illegal alien children attend school. (Mar 2009)
- Expand border security on Mexican border. (Apr 2009)
Just Say No To “Obamnesty”!
Special Edition: Jim Russell on Immigration
Nita Lowey has voted against immigration control and in favor of affirmative action. Illegal immigration has been a growing problem in our communities. I subsequently founded “Westchester-Rockland Citizens for Immigration Control,” and have attended many village, town and county meetings to speak out against the establishment of hiring sites for illegal aliens. When I was invited to speak on immigration issues before the senior class at Ardsley High School last year, I created a PowerPoint presentation provided below:
US Immigration Policy Presentation at Ardsley HS
In the spring of 2006, I attended the trials of Ronald Douglas Herrera Castellanos, who brutally raped and murdered Mary Nagle, a wife and mother from Rockland, and Ariel Menendez who, likewise, brutally raped and murdered Elizabeth Butler, a Westchester high-school student. Both Herrera and Menendez were illegal aliens who had previously been arrested—but not deported as they should have been according to law. Unlike Nita Lowey, I will persist in demanding that federal immigration authorities remove illegal alien convicts immediately upon their release from prison.
Since illegal aliens usually do not have medical insurance, yet regularly use our medical and social services, they endanger the continued operation of our hospitals like Nyack Hospital, where my wife worked as a dietitian, and Westchester Medical Center. If Congress allows an Amnesty Bill to become law, it will be a disaster for our communities and for America.
Free education to the children of illegal aliens is overcrowding our school systems, requiring special language classes, and increasing our school taxes. The current legal interpretation that entitles every child born to illegal aliens automatic citizenship and a $200,000 education, as well as unlimited access to multitude of costly social services, is absurd and must be changed. The economic stimulus for illegal immigration can be reduced by repealing trade bills like NAFTA, which have undermined Latin American family farms, as well as American manufacturing jobs.